All student-athletes and cheerleaders must be academically eligible according to the following guidelines:
- The Athletic Director will supply all staff members with a list of the student athletes during their respective season in a timely fashion.
- Teachers will report to the athletic director via email the names of any student athletes who are failing their course. Note: This will take affect at the conclusion of the third full week of each new grading period. This must be sent by 3:00 pm on Thursday of each week.
- If the student is failing only one course in the given week, the coach will be notified and the student will be placed on a one-week probation period. The student will be responsible for identifying a way to improve his/her grade with their teacher in a meeting set up by the athletic director. The student will be permitted to participate during this week.
- At the end of the week, the athletic director will meet with the teacher to discuss the student’s improvement. If the teacher is satisfied that the academic problem is being rectified the student will remain on probation, be allowed to participate, and the process will continue on a weekly basis.
- If at any point the teacher is not satisfied with the improvement of the student, they may rule that student ineligible after the one-week probationary period.
- If more than one teacher turns in a student-athlete, they are automatically ruled ineligible with no probationary period.
- An eligibility period runs from Sunday through Saturday of the week following the ruling.
- At the end of each grading period, the athletic department will revert to the PIAA rules for eligibility. If a student is not passing at least four credits, they will be ineligible for a period of 15 school days.
- This rule also applies to the end of the year’s final grades. If a student is not passing four credits, the student is ineligible for the first fifteen school days of the next school year.