- All children are capable of learning and should be challenged to their highest potential.
- Life-long learning skills are critical in preparing students for future challenges and opportunities.
- All students are unique, learning in different ways and at different rates.
- All students learn best in a safe, nurturing, healthy environment, equipped with resources necessary for students to thrive.
- Positive self-worth fosters success.
- Learning needs to be relevant, rigorous, and reflective, and should prepare students to live successfully in an ever-changing global society.
- All students need to become responsible, accountable, self-disciplined, productive members of the community and society.
- Education is a shared responsibility between students, parents, school and community.
- Education is a key factor in shaping responsible, thinking citizens.