Taken from the 2017-18 Mohawk Area Jr./Sr. High Handbook
- Sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Low-cut tops are not permitted. Cleavage may not be seen.
- Athletic shorts and sweatpants are permitted.
- Tight/form fitted athletic-wear bottoms must be worn in conjunction with other attire that conceals private parts of body.
- Cargo style bottoms are permitted.
- Sagging pants and shorts are not permitted.
ALL BOTTOMS MUST BE TO WITHIN 3 INCHES OF THE KNEE OR LOWER
- Due to the active nature of classrooms and other course activities, it is strongly suggested to avoid poorly constructed foam/rubber/vinyl flip-flop and slider style shoes.
- Gloves, head coverings, and coats that are meant to be worn only outdoors are not permitted during the day.
- Decorations to clothing that are obscene, offensive, or degrading - this applies to all adornments, such as symbols, designs, suggestive language, and references to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and violence, or other prohibited items/materials are not permitted.
- Writing on the seat of the pants is not permitted.
- See-through clothing is not permitted.
- Buckles, multiple zippers, chains, straps, and safety pins on clothing is/are not permitted.
- Dog chains, dog collars, studded collars, and padlocks are not permitted.
- Wallet chains are not permitted.
- Clothing must be size-appropriate. The sag look is not permitted.
- At no time may skin be visible between a student’s top and his/her pants.
- At no time may undergarments be visible.
- Tears, holes, and frays of clothing from 3” above the knee and higher are permitted; however, skin may not be visible.
- Camouflage: full-body camouflage outfits are not permitted. Camouflage shirts are permitted; camouflage pants are permitted, but, they may not be worn together.
- Sunglasses and non-prescription dark glasses are not permitted unless prescribed by a physician.
- Pajamas, loungewear, and bed slippers are not permitted.
- Hoodies are permitted. The hood must be worn down at all times. Tops underneath the hoodie must be compliant to the above restrictions.
- Tops may be un-tucked, and the layered look is allowed.
- Bottoms must be worn at the waist, and belts are not required.
The final judge of any questionable attire will be the building principal or his/her designee.
DRESS CODE DISCIPLINARY MEASURES:
* The student will be granted an opportunity to call home and contact the parent/guardian for the purpose of having the proper attire brought in from home.
* While the student is waiting, he/she will be assigned to the Responsibility Room. After the student changes, he/she will return to his/her assigned class.
* If the student is not able to make phone contact, he/she will spend the day in the Responsibility Room.
Second & Subsequent Offenses:
* The student will be assigned to the Responsibility Room for the day with no opportunity to call home. The parent may be contacted by the administration or his/her designee.
* Multiple offenses could result in additional disciplinary action.